Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hhhaitch Arrr

It is really strange how the things that people say have a tendency to stick in your mind. When I worked for Domestic and General in Bedworth, I worked in the HR department, in the office next to ours was was the site director. His name is Alistair Murray and he was one of the funniest people that I have ever met. He is so clever and has such a quick wit and an amazing talent for excellent comic timing. In fact he somewhat resembles John Cleese and often performs an amazing comedy routine for all those who are happy to take the time to listen and adore him.

Anyway, Alistair's favourite joke was to make fun of one of the HR secretary's in our department. She had a very common Beduff accent and would pronouce the department as Hhhaitch Arr, Alistair LOVED this and would quote it often. I now work for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a Voice Communications Technical Service Representative, and as a result I connect a lot of people to the HR department and everytime I do I think of Alistair Murray and I have a good little chuckle.

No comments: