Thursday, April 24, 2008

Call me, I'm here all week!!!!

Call from lady at 4:20 am.

"Church Offices, How may I help you?"

"Hi, Is the prophet there?"

"No mam, I am sorry but he will not be here until later this morning"

"Oh, well I need to speak to him about something."

"Ok, but he will not be here until later on, it is only 4:20 am right now."

"Oh, well I am having a divine experience and I need to talk to him about it. You see, I am a member of the Church and I am homeless and I just need some food because I am really hungry, and I need to talk to him about that."

"Alright, actually mam, you need to call back later when the offices are open and you need to Welfare Square."

Ok, will you take a reverse charge call?

"No, we can only take reverse charge calls if there is an emergency, like a stranded missionary or General Authority, but we do have a toll free number that I can give to you."

"Ok, so you won't take a revese charge call from me - even though I am homeless."

"That's right - we don't accept reverse cahrge calls unless it is an emergency."

"Well that is stupid"

"That may be so, but that is how it works"

(given toll free number)

"So I have to call back later on this number, and I can't speak to the prophet now?"

"Thats right"

"Oh. Who will I get to speak to when I call back?"

"You will speak to an operator but you need to ask for Welfare Square."

"What is the name of the person that I will speak to at Welfare Square"

"You will speak to the receptionist at Welfare Square and she will connect you to the Transient Bishop"

"What is the Bishops name?"

"I don't know, sorry"

"Ok"

'Ok, you have a good night and call back later."

Oh, one more thing.

"Yes?"

"What is the Prophet's name?"

"President Thomas S. Monson"

"Oh, I think I heard the other guy died."

"Ok, Goodnight"

(Line goes dead)

No comments: