Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 habits of the highly effective blogger.


Well this is the first time I have been tagged so I am rather excited about doing this. However, I do not know that many other people with blogs so I am dreading thinking of who I am going to tag!!! Rubbish.

Just in case - here are the rules.

RULES: A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves B. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people then post their name; then goes to their blogs, leaves them a comment letting them know they have been tagged and invites them to read your blog.

Ok, so here are my six habits/facts:

1. Like Cindy, I also have a HUGE phone phobia. I hate to call people - it takes me about an hour to psych myself up to make a phone call and if I am calling a business or doctor or someone important then I have to write down exactly what I am going to say, possible questions they will ask me and my answers before I make the call. There are only a few people who I can call without breaking into a cold sweat, but I am totally fine if people call me! Strange but true.

2. I have a bit of a fixation with deodorant. I don't know if it is because I think I smell bad but I just have to put LOADS on in the morning or I am paranoid all day long. This means that I use up my deodorant FAST! I am also really picky about the brands that I use, when I first got here it took me forever to work out what brands were the same as at home, so that I could stick with my favourite (anything anti-perspirant and pretty potent is good!!) So, if you are ever stuck for a present to buy me - deodorant would be good - I won't be offended, honest!!!

3. I have a HUGE thing for older men, especially older men in overcoats! They make me swoon - any refined gentleman over the age of 55 in a suit and an overcoat carrying an umbrella and preferably a newspaper is just to much to resist!!! It is therefore safe to say that Temple Square is my most favourite place in the WHOLE WORLD - especially at this time of year. My favourite men include President Hinckley, Dick Van Dyke, Hugh Laurie, Michael Parkinson, Michael Palin and John Cleese! PHWOR!!! The problem with this obsession is that I am a Mormon girl - in Utah - this means that anyone over the age of 21 is already married and the chances of me meeting a gorgeous, single/divorced/widowed 60 year old who is not totally off his rocker is rather unlikely!!! If you know of any good ones let me know!!!

4. I love cleaning bathrooms - especially toilets. I think it is one of the most satisfying things to do. I love the way bathrooms smell after they are clean, it is sooo thrilling. I actually have to admit that I don't clean the toilet THAT often - it is usually done by my aunt but I do love to do it. I think that it stemmed from an obsession from when I was little. I used to get terrible migraines and I would hate to throw up in a rancid toilet bowl - so I would clean the toilet about 30 mins before I threw up (I had them so frequently I can pretty much time how soon I am going to be sick!) and it would feel so much better - being sick in a fresh smelling loo. I know, I am a strange person!

5. I have a bit of a Deseret Book obsession. I think I have mentioned this before. I just cannot stay away - it is a compulsion that drags me inside whenever I go past one. It is the most amazing place in the world - I think I may have my ashes scattered in there!!!!!!!!!!

6. My last weird thing is that I just LOVE cheesy church music. I love Michael Mclean, and all of that other good stuff. The only group that I do not really like are Jericho Road - I dunno why! I love love love the Sons of Provo (not really a band) but I listen to them almost every day. I used to get mocked a lot for this obsession when I was in youth but I did not care - it is brilliant music (and now I am letting you know just how much of a geek I am).

That is all from me.

I tag Cassie and Ashley and Lorenne (I don't know anyone else with a blog who hasn't already done this - sorry!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah! A blog? No way! I'm so excited, it's great! But guess what, I already did this :) So....too bad ;P Hey uhm...where the heck were you last night?

Cindy said...

That's so fun, I just learned 5 new things about you! You can come clean my bathroom anytime, seriously. That's my least favorite cleaning job in the house. I agree that I do like the smell of a clean bathroom but I just don't like to be the one cleaning it.
That's totally fine that you didn't tag 6 more people. I barely had 6 to tag - I don't know that many people who blog either.

Mia said...

Are you seriously blogging at 3:20 in the a.m.? AWESOME! You're so much fun!

You've got to know that it's every (hopefully single) older man's fantasy to be the object of affection for a 20-something blonde! It's my new mission in life to find you a life partner! However, BIG downside--you'll be single again within ten--fifteen years. Craptacular.