Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shaking it Loose with Mother Goose

Well, it happened! I think I mentioned when beginning this blog that I was concerned that I would be enthralled by it for a few weeks and then I would have nothing left to write about, well over the past few days I could not think of even a mildly entertaining event that had happened in my life that I could blog about but then... I went shopping!
My new favourite store in the world is Deseret Industries. I went there for the first time last night and I think it is the most humorous place in the world. I bought quite a few casette tapes (who even has those anymore!!), they are totally amazing. My favourite purchase of the night was a cassette that had the title 'shaking it loose with Mother Goose'. It is actually a children's tape of nursery rhymes but I was sooooo tickled by that title that I felt compelled to blog about it.
All of these childrens tapes reminded me of tapes that I had when I was little. We were always singing in our family, in fact I think that we did most of our learning through song. I remember songs about obeying, songs for safety, songs to say please and thank you and songs about manners. In fact all that I can remember about growing up in our house was singing, when we were not singing one of the many 'learning songs' that my mother taught us, then we were singing primary songs from the songbook. It is surpising that after all of this singing in our family - not one of us is a very good singer!!!

Here is a sample song for your entertainment:

"There are 2 little magic words,
that can open any door with ease.
One little word is 'THANKS' and
the other little word is 'PLEASE'"

If you want to hear any of the others then just ask - I will be happy to sing them too you!!!!

No comments: