Saturday, August 22, 2009

Learner's Permit!




As of Wednesday this week I am the proud owner of a learners permit!! Woop woop!
(Please insert copious amounts of applause here...)
I studied (a little) and went to take my test and I got a lovely little paper permit! oh yes! how totally exciting. The only thing is that I went driving around and am totally scared to death, I started off on the wrong side of the road(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - oops!) and too close to the curb, why are the roads so flippin big over here?? It makes me so nervous to have that much space, it feels like I am driving in the middle of the road. I much prefer to be in a smaller space. I know that doesn't really make much sense, but I really am more secure with less space.
Anyway, I can now officially learn to drive and I am rather chuffed with myself to be truthful! So to celebrate my little achievement towards true independence, I bought a few traffic cones and a DIY car from the dollar store, which i made Jim assemble for me at work yesterday and I practised driving my car around my traffic cones in his office! It was so fun and now I feel that I can take on the actual road with a little more confidence!
Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Thanks for the heads up about you being on the road now! I will stear clear of your work and home!! Just kidding! Congrats!

Lorenne said...

Yay You!!! I'm so excited for you! McKenzie is loving her permit, too. You two can commiserate over the over-enthusiastic backseat drivers bossing you around (referring to Rob—not me, of course) :)

Unknown said...

I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your blog, I’m sure I’d visit here more often.Great job, keep posting interesting Learners Permit articles here. All The Best