Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Colours of Humanity!

I love colouring in. It is quite possibly my favourite activity and it is so relaxing! So imagine my joy when our Relief Society Presidency announced a humanitarian service project that we will be working on throughout the year... colouring in!!!!!!!! Cool or what?! In much of the developing world school children do not have books (this fact is quite shocking to me as I have a great love for books), this makes it very difficult for the children to learn important information such as the alphabet. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have designed a template for alphabet books that can be coloured and sent to those children to help them with their education. It is an amazing cause, and I love participating in it. The goal for our ward is to complete 100 of these books by the end of the year to be sent off, however, (because I have a cool job where I get to do whatever I like as long as I answer the phone) I have set my own personal goal of colouring 100 books this year.
If you are interested in completing some of these books, maybe as a family service project or just for fun, they are super easy and downloadable from the Church's website. In fact here is the link to the page http://www.lds.org/ldsfoundation/multimedia/files/pdf/80327_abc_pattern_pdf_pdf.pdf If you have younger children then you might prefer to do a few picture books instead, I really like these too! Here is the link http://www.lds.org/ldsfoundation/multimedia/files/pdf/68358_ChildrensPictureBook_pdf.pdf these are amazing projects that can really make a difference in people's lives. There are LOADS of great projects and exciting things that you can do to help, if you would like to do something but you want some more ideas then check out the website for inspiration! www.lds.org/humanitarianservices

No comments: