Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Did, I'm Didn't


Ha! I just love my cousins so much!! On saturday night we had two of my young cousins stay over at our house. Getty is 8 and Cy is 5 - check out their families blog on http://www.evansedition.blogspot.com/. We have a large bowl of nuts on the counter top in our kitchen that actually no-one eats so we decided to make a little 'nutty family' by drawing faces on the nuts with marker pens. Cy drew some really cute faces but my favourite was a double sided face, he drew a happy face on one side of the nut and then a sad face on the other side of the nut. Cy told me that one side was nice and the other side was naughty. This reminded me of a song that my mom taught me when I was little, and I have had a request to include the words on my blog, which I have done. Ooo you are in for a treat!!!!

This is a song between two people, Mr Did and Mr Didn't (I am going to record Mr Did in Yellow text and Mr Didn't in blue)

I'm Did
I'm Didn't
I did obey
I didn't
I'm hap-hap-hap-hap-happy all the while
I'm not
I'm Did
I'm Didn't
I minded
But I didn't
That's why you'll always see me wear a smile,
Not me,
I hung my clothes up, washed my hands when Mother told me to
I ran and hid and said "That's something I WON'T do."
I'm Did
I'm Didn't
I did obey
I didn't
And everybody loves me cuz I did O-BEY
I didn't
You're funny Mr Didn't
What I really am is sad
You wouldn't have to be sad if you learned to obey
I'd rather be sad


2 comments:

Mia said...

Sarah—you're the best! Thank you! This is destined to be a classic in our family. The fact that our source is Auntie Marilyn and our hip cousin Sarah from England makes it even more chic!

Lorenne

Jen V said...

I am Lorenne's sister Jen. I am in town visiting Ren and fam and she sang this song - so cute - I love it! I'll have to teach it to my kids.