Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Currently Reading...


Children of the Promise Series by Dean Hughes.

I love these books they are amazing, I really have been sucked into them. I love books and I love to read, but most of the time I just get consumed in the book I am currently reading and it becomes my life. I am so drawn in that I actually believe that I am an observer in the book - that I am really there. This means that until I finish the book then I am wandering around in kind of a half dream world. My friend and I had a discussion once about this - he finds that this happens to him just after he has watched a really good movie - he believes that it is in some way real, and this is how I feel with a really good book. I know it is really very random but that is the way it is.

I bring this up however, because the Children of the Promise series is about events that happened in World War 2, and I am halfway convinced that I have been living in war torn Germany for the past 3 weeks. It is very lucky that I am on the 3rd book of 5 and so I should be finished in another couple of weeks, until that time however, please do not make any loud sounds or jump out and frighten me because I will probably try to shoot you with my finger!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much adore these books. In fact, I think I might need to read them again.

Unknown said...

Ha, you should! They are brill. Do you have them? I have the wholke set if you need to borrow any of them!