Friday, May 30, 2008

Help! I'm being held hostage!

I know this is getting a bit hard to believe but here is yet another random phone call to Church Offices.

It all started out with a phone call for help, which I transferred to Welfare Square due to lack of detail from the caller. Anyway, a few minutes later another operator gets a phone call asking for the 'Austrailian girl'. (I think that the other operator must have explained that I was from England because this caller called me England for the rest of the conversation assuming that that was my name!!!)

So here is how the conversation started:

Caller: I think I must explain the situation a bit further, I think you were confused.'
Me: "I'm sorry. Maybe you can help me understand a bit better what it is that you need."
Caller: "Well, My fiance and I are truck drivers and our truck has been hi-jacked and we are being held hostage by my boss."
Me: "Ok, and you called the Church Office Building?"
Caller: "Well I thought you might be able to help me."
Me: "Ok????"
Caller: ..........

I am not at this point going to make an account of the remainder of the conversation as it was not as comical as the beginning and it goes on for about 10 minutes while I determine that she is not in fact entirely crazy (almost, but not quite!) and gave her the number of her bishop who got it all sorted. Thank heaven for Bishops, and thank heaven I will never be one!!!!!!!

No comments: