Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Enemies.


I am not really a person that has a great many enemies, but I have been known to have one or two in my short history on earth!! But that is alright with me. I figure that many great people throughout history have had enemies, and as a great person I feel that I should be no exception to this rule!!!! :)

I am actually addressing this topic now because I have just been confronted - thanks to facebook - with one such enemy from the past!!!! I was actually rather damaged by this enemy (being a rather weak opponent!) and I must admit that I was a little shocked to see her and not exactly thrilled to see how good she looked. I had hoped that she had become withered and crippled with an evil glint in her eye. This is how I usually imagine her and I think that image fits her soul. I think of the witch from the Disney movie Snow White. I expected to see her as the old woman who gives Snow White the poisoned apple, when in fact she looked more like the beautiful queen in the beginning of the movie. It was a bit of a shock.


As always happens in war - of whatever kind, I have been rather severly wounded by this enemy. My wounds have healed rather well and I am back to my rather spectacular self - but there are still scars that sometimes are ugly and painful and hard to accept, but most of the time I am grateful for these scars that remind me of how far I have come and how well I have healed and who I have become because of them. My mother has a saying "If you can't be grateful for what you receive, be grateful for what you escape!" and that is how it is with enemies.


No comments: