Monday, October 13, 2008

FAFHA

Check out our Family Away From Home Afternoon!

Currently there are 4 cool people in my family and we all live in different places. We do try to keep in contact as much as possible but it is really very rubbish as we are all so busy. So this is what we have decided to do! I think it is a fab idea!

Every Monday we are going to have our very own Family Away From Home Afternoon, which means that on Monday afternoon, everyone e-mails their assignment to everyone else. The assignments are rather simple - here is how it works:

Person 1: Lesson/Spiritual Thought
Person 2: Song/ Hymn that has inspired you this week
Person 3: Talent/skill/quality that you have been striving to develop during the week (this could be anything from 'I have been trying to have more patience so I have been….', 'I have decided to develop my sewing skills so I am going to make a quilt'. Then write about how well you did, if you noticed any differences, if you will continue this goal next week etc. we can update and encourage each other on our little goals for the week.
Person 4: Refreshments. For this activity someone could share either a new creation or a cheap recipe that is fun to make, or just some treat that they would like to eat if they could. Or it could be a little ‘thought treat’ a treat that matches a little spiritual thought that could be used in lessons or given to people etc. Or if you could not think of a treat it could just be a cool object lesson that you have seen!

So, this is the plan! I think it sounds super cool and I am excited about starting it. I think that I will post our FAFHA e-mails on here too so that they are all together and we can look back and see what we have done, and what we have learned. Brilliant plan!

No comments: